Australia Sydney North Mission October 2009 - June 2010

Australia Sydney Mission July 2010 - March 2011


Sunday, June 6, 2010

Transfers!!!

So first off the wedding sounded incredible! To be honest I would have loved to be there but too bad. I know I need to be here but that still doesn't change the fact that I would have loved to see the sealing but we will have the rest of eternity to hang out! I love you guys so much!

So about my week... Last Monday we went aqua golfing! It was so much fun! Me, Elder Hill and two guys from the ward went to The Hunter Valley Gardens which is a really really fancy place but they had this cheap aqua golf thing. Basically it is a driving range and you hit the balls into the water and there are these baskets floating in the water and if you can hit a golf ball into the basket you win a prize. I have never golfed and only been to a driving range twice in my life but guess who was the only one to make it into a basket... me. It was so lucky. I won a tour of a vinyard which was a 55 dollar value but I don't think I would be able to (or want to) do it so I traded it in for a gift card to this want to be Texas Roadhouse. But it was so exciting because everyone else was trying to make it and I was just seeing how hard I could hit it. It was a great activity. Later on preparation day Aly gave us a haircut which was nice because we saved 23 bucks but was a gamble because she never cut hair before but she did a good job and it was worth the gamble!

The rest of the week we tracted and tried to stay out of the rain, it has still been pouring!

Did you know Aussies spell jail gaol, funny eh?

On Saturday Robert organized a game of footy which was way fun. It has taken me so long to figure out how to play this game. But it clicked and it is competing with my love for ultimate frisbee, I know scary! But I had a blast and got to know Robert's friends a lot better. My team lost! But I still had fun, after watching another missionary snap his leg in half playing footy it is difficult to give it your all but it was way fun.

Also transfers were this week... Elder Hill and I are staying! We are both very very very excited because the baptism is this week so we both get to stay. We got new Zone Leaders and Elder Dana is one of them so that is very exciting and I look foreward to working with him! It is also a really short transfer, only four weeks, because President Scruggs goes home at the end of June and since the missions are merging we need to get on the south mission's transfer cycle so this transfer ends in four weeks and then President Simmons will be my Mission President so that is a bitter sweet deal but it is all on the Lord's time table.

So Robert, Aly and Ryan are doing so good. Robert is now dating a girl in the ward which is kind of weird! But it is pretty good fellowship I guess. Also he bore his testimony again this Sunday which is always incredible to hear! Ryan and Aly came to Church as well which is good because they are getting baptized this week! Ryan wanted to go up to bear his testimony but Aly didn't let him which is kind of a bummer but he told us what he was going to say so it was cool to hear that as well. The baptism is still on for this Saturday, Robert is baptizing them which is way exciting. So all is well here in Cessnock at the moment so please keep praying for us to shake hell!

I love you all, especially my new sister, I am so thankful for what I am learning. I am a rough rock rolling and I am slowly becoming a man of God. I love you so much! I really don't know if I can say that enough. Keep in touch and remember who you are.

Elder Landon Brough

No comments: