So this week was so incredible! First off we received a member referral. His name is Richard and a member works with him and told us that he was studying with the Jehovah Witness' but didn't agree with what they taught but that he has been searching for a long time. So we did a chapel tour and taught him the restoration and it went very very well! We picked him up as a new investigator and we are teaching him tonight so keep us in your prayers!
Yesterday was a wonderful preparation day. We went Aqua golfing again with Robert, Aly and Ryan along with some of their friends and it was a blast. I didn't win anything this time so that was a bummer but it was a good time had by all. It was also very crowded, being the queen's birthday and all. So as Elder Hill and I were walking back to the car we ran into more than half the ward at this park so we spent some time with them and played this game called fly? I will send a picture. But it was way fun spending time with the members. Then for dinner we went to a member's house and Robert and his girlfriend came. It is so weird because he is dating a member in the ward. I pray nothing bad happens! But it was just a wonderful preparation day to follow a wonderful weekend!
So lets get to the juicy part! Ryan's and Aly's baptisms were so incredible! I honestly can't put my feelings into words! To see them all in white was an amazing experience. Don't worry, Mom, I got pictures. There was an incredible turn out by the ward. First off I am going to say this is the best ward when it comes to missionary work! But the highlight of the baptism was when Robert baptised both Ryan and Aly. He did have to baptise Ryan twice and Aly three times but there was an incredible spirit there. It blows my mind that three months ago Robert had a big piercing in his ear talking about how wasted he got the other night to helping his friends and family make covenants with God. It was so humbling! But Robert didn't stop there, after the actual baptism Robert spoke on the Holy Ghost and he did such an amazing job. I was sitting there thinking... I didn't teach him that. You can see how he is truly converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ! The baptism was amazing. Sunday was so good too. I confirmed Aly and Elder Hill confirmed Ryan. That was scary but after I sat down I had the biggest smile on my face! Then Robert gave a talk on his conversion story, yeah I know he's been a member a month and he is already working his tail off! But while he was speaking it hit me so hard. I was sitting there thinking how loving our Heavenly Father is. That he can take a very imperfect 19 year old boy who has many many many weaknesses, did I say many, who a year ago barely graduated high school, and let me be an instrument in His hands to bring the Holy Ghost into someone's life so it can change their hearts! I just don't get it but I am so thankful to be here! To stand as a witness of our Savior and to help build His kingdom on earth. I love this work and I love you all. I miss you heaps but I want to be here so bad! I hope to hear from you all soon!
Love Elder Landon Brough



No comments:
Post a Comment