Well, another week has come and gone and here we are again! My first week has been interesting but way good! So Manly is pretty bomb I will not lie. It is so beautiful! I love hearing the ocean and being able to see it. It is cool. We are not allowed to work on the beach for right now because it is summer and nobody here wears clothes but we can get pretty close to it. We don't have much going on when it comes to missionary work, sadly, so basically all day we ride our bikes around looking for people to teach. And fetching dingos mate it is hot! I don't think I have stopped sweating since I have gotten here so that really stinks, both figuratively and literally! But I am really loving it! I just love having the focus of finding, teaching and baptizing people and not having to focus on getting this missionary's water heater fixed and all that other stuff. It is good to be back in the field! So this past week was Australia Day! God Bless Australia... that really doesn't have the same ring to it but anyway, it is basically the equivalent to the Fourth of July here. So it is just another excuse for everyone to get drunk! I love Australia! The ward had an activity the morning of so Elder Lasalosi and I went to it. It was a little weird because I didn't know anyone but it didn't take long to get warmed up to them. I love this ward! 80% Tongan so you can feel the love! We played cricket and touch and it was way fun! Somebody kicked a rugby ball into a palm tree and it was really fun because all the Tongans got around it looking at the tree saying stuff in Tongan and before I knew it they were climbing up this palm tree! Good on them, they did all grow up in Tonga so I am sure they all learned how at some point. It was a really good activity and I am so looking forward to getting to know this ward. We moved flats this week so for about two days Elder Lasalosi, me, Elder McConkie, Elder Branco (Zone Leaders) and Elder Hansen and Elder Willoughby (He replaced me) helped us move the flat and get it all cleaned up. The new flat is sweet! I am glad I got to move into it. Anyway, there is a very very funny story about us moving. As we were moving furniture up to our flat I see Elder Lasalosi standing on the balcony looking down and I said jokingly, "Don't you jump, Elder Lasalosi!" and before I could finish saying that he had already hurled himself over the rail! So we ran down to see if he was ok. To make a long story short he bruised his feet really really bad so he can't walk. So as of right now he is with the office missionaries and I am working with the elders in Harbord Ward. The ward that we share a building with. Anyway, so we were later talking to him and we asked him why he jumped, because we were flabergasted on why he did it. He said embarrassed and in a broken tongan accent, "I wanted to show off." Boy did his plan back fire. It was funny though. He should be back in the next couple of days. So now I am working with Elder Stoddard (Murray, Utah) and Elder Monson(Rhode Island) and no he is no relation. We just work the two areas on bike so it is pretty sick. We have seen heaps of miracles, too. I love it. Church was long because I had to go to both wards and I didn't even know anyone but it was still good and you can really feel the love! As for missionary work, we have one investigator named Ross. He has a huge desire to learn and he keeps saying he has a strong feeling tolook deeper and deeper into the church. So hopefully we can help fuel the fire and get him baptized. He has had a very interesting life but he needs the gospel I can tell you that.! Well that was the week. Things are good and I love you all so! Elder Brough
No comments:
Post a Comment